Recipe Reveal: Tudor Holiday Dinner Concert Wassail
For the first time, we are revealing our recipe for our wassail, which we usually serve at our annual holiday event, called the Tudor Holiday Dinner Concerts. While we will not hold the Concerts this year, you can have a taste of this event with this newly released recipe. Here’s your recipe for this mulled cider delight:
- 1 quart, 1 1/3 cups of apple cider
- 1 1/3 cups of water
- 1 1/4 teaspoons of lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon of orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground clove
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- A dash of ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoon and 1 1/4 teaspoon of sugar
- 1 cup and 1 tablespoon of burgundy wine
- A cinnamon stick for garnish
How to make your Tudor Holiday Dinner Concert wassail:
1. Pour the apple cider and water into a large pan. Heat your liquid mixture until it reaches a rolling boil.
2. While your cider and water are heating, mix together the spices and sugar.
3. When the cider has reached a rolling boil, turn off the heat and add the spice-sugar mixture. Stir in thoroughly with a whisk.
4. Turn the heat back on to low.
5. Add the lemon juice and orange juice. Mix well.
6. Turn off the heat, and add the burgundy wine. Mix well
7. Ladle your wassail into your mugs or serving bowl, and enjoy!