Top 5 Family-Friendly Ways to Enjoy the Terrace
Summer is well underway, and Terrace season is in full swing. When you’ve watched as much television as you can stand, and it’s time to take fun outdoors, come down to the Memorial Union Terrace. At the Terrace, we offer a wide variety of family-friendly events. From free, live music to unique dining options, your options for Terrace season fun are endless. Here are some of the best ways to enjoy the Terrace this summer with the whole family.
- Get artsy – On Wednesdays in July and August, bring the whole family to the hub of creativity that is the Terrace Art Zone. Presented by Memorial Union’s art studio Wheelhouse Studios, Terrace Art Zone is a free art series for people of many ages. From Terrace-inspired keepsake boxes to mason jars, we invite you to join in on a wide variety of projects that will get your creative juices flowing. We’ll provide the supplies and sunset inspiration for your masterpieces.
- Take in a free film – While movie nights at home can be cozy and relaxing, but there’s nothing like making memories with your family lakeside at the Terrace. In the coming weeks, you won’t wont to miss films like “Moana”, “Shrek 2” and “Spy Kids”.
- Sing, dance and let loose – We’ve got the music your family will love listening to together while enjoying scoops of Babcock Dairy Ice Cream and freshly grilled brats. Our summer music experience includes classic music on July 30 and Aug. 13; bluegrass and Americana tunes on Thursdays; and jazz on Fridays.
- Get active – Looking to stay active this summer? Just feet away from the Terrace at Lake Mendota, we’ve got the cure for boring; located in the lower level of Memorial Union, Outdoor UW offers a variety of rentals, including canoes, paddleboards and kayaks. Your next family adventure awaits!
- Dine – You may work up an appetite while paddling on Lake Mendota, so head back to the Terrace for an unbeatable selection of dining experiences. From healthy salads with local ingredients to our famous signature stacked burger, everyone in your family will find something they’ll love.
No matter what you do at the Terrace, the memories you make at Memorial Union will last a lifetime. Plan your Terrace experience at TerraceSummer.com.